Rotary Club of Kowloon
asks: Are You
Flogging A Dead Horse ?
The tribal wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed
from generation to generation, says that when you discover you are
riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount. However, in
modern business, other strategies are often tried with dead horses,
including some of the following:
01. Buy a bigger whip.
02. Change riders.
03. Threaten the horse with termination.
04. Appoint a committee to study the horse.
05. Arrange to visit other sites to see how they ride dead horses.
06. Lower the standards so that dead horses can be included.
07. Reclassify the dead horse as "living impaired".
08. Hire an outside contractor to ride the dead horse.
09. Harness several dead horses together to increase speed.
10. Provide additional funding to increase the dead horse's performance.
11. Conduct a productivity study to see if lighter riders would improve
the dead horse's
12. Declare that the dead horse carries lower overhead, and therefore
than some other horses.
13. Rewrite the expected performance parameters for all horses to
accommodate the dead one.
14. Promote the dead horse to a supervisory position.
(To go back to the KGM Main Page, just click on the "X"
top right-hand corner of this screen !)